3. The Mosaic Company (MOS) is a producer and marketer of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients for the global agriculture industry. The company operates in two business segments, phosphates and potash. The phosphates segment produces phosphate-based animal feed, while the potash segment produces and sells potash principally as fertilizer.
For the latest third quarter of 2011, the company reported 28% growth in revenue, to $2.2 billion from $1.7 billion in the year-ago period. This strong performance reflects continued strengthening of phosphate sales prices year-over-year when the recovery in phosphates selling prices was in the beginning stages. The company has also increased potash production levels. Net income more than doubled to $542.1 million, or $1.21 per share, as compared to $222.6 million, or 50 cents per share in third-quarter 2010.
The company paid a quarterly dividend of 5 cents per share on May 2, 2011 to stockholders of record as of close on April 25, 2011.Of the 17 analysts covering the stock, 18% recommend it as a buy, while 77% rate it a hold. On average, analysts estimate 23.1% upside, to $84.36 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV