4. The Andersons (ANDE) is an entrepreneurial, customer-focused company with interests in the agriculture and transportation markets. It operates in five business segments: grain & ethanol, rail group, plant nutrient group, turf & specialty group, and retail group.
For the latest first quarter, the company reported 39% growth in revenue to $1 billion from $722 million in the year-ago period. This strong performance was led by a 59% year-over-year growth in revenue from its grain division as a result of an overall climb in grain prices. Moreover, net income surged to $17.3 million, or 93 cents per share, as compared to $12.3 million, or 66 cents per share in first-quarter 2010.
The company recently declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of 11 cents per share payable on July 22, 2011 to stockholders of record on July 1, 2011.Of the seven analysts covering the stock, 43% recommend buying it, while the remaining rate it as a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts foresee 18.8% upside, to $51.97 from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV