5. Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan (POT) is an integrated fertilizer and related industrial and feed products company. It owns and operates five potash mines in Saskatchewan and one in New Brunswick.
During the first quarter of 2011, net sales rose 28.6% to $2.2 billion from $1.7 billion last year, driven by revenue growth across its segments. Total potash production increased 32.6%, to 2.6 million tons, while sales of manufactured product stood at 2.8 million tons, up 13.1% year-over-year. Lastly, average price per metric ton stood at $366, up 14% from $321 in the comparable quarter of last year. Net income soared to $732 million, or 84 cents per share, as opposed to $444 million, or 49 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter.
The company declared a quarterly dividend of 7 cents per share payable on August 5, 2011 to shareholders of record on July 15, 2011.Of the 27 analysts covering the stock, 67% recommend it as a buy, while the remaining say it's a hold. There are no sell ratings. On average, analysts estimate 18.5% upside, to $65.26 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV