7. CF Industries Holdings (CF) is a manufacturer and distributor of nitrogen and phosphate fertilizer products. It operates in two segments: Nitrogen and phosphate.
During the first quarter ended March 2011, net sales more than doubled to $1.1 billion from $502 million, primarily due to the inclusion of Terra net sales and higher average nitrogen and phosphate fertilizer selling prices. That gain was partially offset by lower phosphate fertilizer sales volumes. As a result, the company swung to a net income of $282 million, or $3.91 per share, from a loss of $4.4 million, or 9 cents per share a year ago.
On April 29, 2011, CF Industries' board of directors declared the regular quarterly dividend of 10 cents per common share. The dividend will be paid on May 27, 2011 to stockholders of record on May 16, 2011.
Of the 19 analysts covering the stock, 63% recommend a buy, while 32% rate it a hold. On average, analysts estimate 15.8% upside, to $162.38 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV