NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- CF Industries Holdings (CF), Agrium (AGU), Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan (POT) and Bunge (BG) are among eight agriculture stocks with potential upside of up to 28%, based on analysts price targets. Being analysts' favorites, most of these stocks have no sell ratings.
8. Bunge (BG) is a global agribusiness and food company operating in the farm-to-consumer food chain. It conducts its business in four divisions: agribusiness, sugar and bioenergy, food and ingredients and fertilizer.
During the first quarter ended March 2011, net sales rose 17.9% to $12.2 billion from $10.3 billion, driven by a 22.2% increase in revenue from agribusiness. Total volumes, however, declined 8% to 29.3 million tons. Subsequently, net income soared to $224 million, or $1.49 per share, as opposed to $44 million, or 31 cents per share, a year ago.
The company recently declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of 23 cents per share payable on June 2, 2011 to stockholders of record on May 19, 2011.
Of the 14 analysts covering the stock, 43% recommend buying it, while 50% rate it a hold. On average, analysts foresee 5% upside to $78.11 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV