NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- UIL Holdings Corporation (NYSE:UIL) hit a new 52-week high Thursday as it is currently trading at $34.22, above its previous 52-week high of $34.18 with 15,990 shares traded as of 9:37 a.m. ET. Average volume has been 434,400 shares over the past 30 days. UIL has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. Shares are up 13.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. UIL Holdings Corporation, through its subsidiary, The United Illuminating Company, operates as a regulated utility company providing electricity and energy related services. It serves approximately 324,000 customers in the Greater New Haven and Bridgeport areas. The company has a P/E ratio of 17, equal to the average utilities industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Practice your UIL trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Latest Headlines about UIL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV