VANCOUVER, May 18 /PRNewswire/ - TAG Oil Ltd. (TSX-V: TAO ) and (OTCQX: TAOIF) reports that an independent assessment of reserves has been completed as of March 31, 2011 on TAG Oil's 100%-owned Cheal Mining Permit (PMP 38156) and Sidewinder Exploration Permit (PEP 38748), located in the Taranaki Basin, New Zealand. Sproule International Limited, one of Canada's largest petroleum engineering consulting companies prepared the report in accordance with definitions, standards and procedures contained in the Canadian Oil and Gas Evaluation Handbook (COGE Handbook) and National Instrument 51-101, Standards of Disclosure for Oil and Gas Activities.
The reserves reported for the 2011 fiscal year relate primarily to the Cheal oil and gas field due to fiscal year-end 2011 cut-offs required under NI-51-101. Due to the timing of operations occurring after March 31, 2011, the Sidewinder reserve assessment was completed with information related only to the Sidewinder-1 well and does not include the now-completed Sidewinder-2, Sidewinder-3 and Sidewinder-4 wells.
The assessment of reserves has assigned net proved and probable reserves ("2P") remaining of 1,360,000 barrels of oil (2010 = 651,000 bbls) and 1,864 million cubic feet ("mmcf") of associated gas (2010 = 258 mmcf). This reserves report, on a 2P basis, amounts to 1,677,000 barrels of oil equivalent ("BOE") assessed within a reserves area covering just 475 acres of the 7,487-acre Cheal permit and just 107 acres of the 7,910-acre Sidewinder permit.
After considering production during the 2011 fiscal year, the 1,677,000 BOE in proved and probable reserves represents a 221% increase over the March 31, 2010 year-end independent reserve assessment. The key factors for the increase in reserves for fiscal 2011 are as follows:
- One new well drilled and completed
- Establishment of commercial production from a bypassed discovery
- Increased recovery factors
- Upward revision to projected future well performance
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV