CHICAGO, May 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Corona Beer announced the start of its search for the Corona Relaxation Expert, exclusive to residents of California - 21 and older. Duties of the Corona Relaxation Expert include sharing relaxation tips with other Corona fans.
Californians can apply by visiting CoronaRelaxationExpert.com to complete an online application and share the best reasons why they should be retained for the position. The individual whose submission best embodies the brand and represents the most compelling case for the position will be retained as the "Corona Relaxation Expert."
"The Corona brand has always encouraged responsible relaxation and California residents have the unique opportunity to help us spread that message," said Jim Sabia, Chief Marketing Officer of Crown Imports, Corona's exclusive U.S. importer. "There are few places in the world that embody the relaxation message the way California does."
Corona has partnered with America's relaxation expert, Darrin Zeer to spread the message. Zeer, author of nine relaxation driven titles including best seller "Office Yoga," "Everyday Calm" and "Office Stress Emergency Kit" provides his experience in relaxation techniques."Relaxation is a state of mind you can take with you wherever you go," said Zeer, a stress management expert. "People would be surprised at how relaxed they can be. Everybody is capable if they put their mind to it." As a former resident of California, Zeer has several home and office relaxation tips to offer:
- Me Time: Dedicate at least 20 minutes each day to a simple activity that contributes to your relaxation like sitting by the beach, listening to music or simple quiet time.
- E-mail Meditation: If you get lost in your overflowing inbox, don't despair. Stop and focus on one email at a time.
- Keyboard Calisthenics: Do stretches with your hands and wrists. Improvise and be creative. Squeeze your fists tight, stretch your fingers wide and interlace them. Finish by rotating your hands in wide circles.
- Self-Massage: Place both hands on your shoulders and neck. Squeeze with your fingers and palms firmly and release. Repeat as needed.
- Natural Face Lift: Pretend to chew a large piece of gum up and down and side to side. Squeeze your eyes shut and lift your eyebrows up and down.