NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The ex-dividend date for Star Bulk Carriers (Nasdaq:SBLK) is tomorrow, May 19, 2011. Owners of shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 5 cents per share. At a price of $2.25 as of 9:32 a.m. ET, the dividend yield is 8.7%. The average volume for Star Bulk Carriers has been 170,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Star Bulk Carriers has a market cap of $145.8 million and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. Shares are down 15.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Star Bulk Carriers Corp. operates as a shipping company providing seaborne transportation solutions in the dry bulk sector worldwide. Its vessels transport major bulks, which include iron ore, coal, and grain; and minor bulks, such as bauxite, fertilizers, and steel products.
- Practice your dividend trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Latest Headlines about SBLK
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV