BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- David Einhorn, manager of long-short hedge fund Greenlight Capital, held a concentrated portfolio of 38 stocks at the end of the first quarter. Greenlight has returned upwards of 22% a year since its 1996 inception, underscoring Einhorn's investment acumen. His portfolio underwent a dramatic change during the last quarter.
|David Einhorn (Greenlight Capital)|
He grew even more pessimistic about seven stocks, holdings from the fourth-quarter, which the fund completely sold out of: Everest Re Group (RE), Health Management (HMA), Health Net (HNT), Potash (POT), Verigy (VRGY), Flagstar Bancorp (FBC) and Capitol Federal (CFFND).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV