SANDPOINT, Idaho, May 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Coldwater Creek Inc. (Nasdaq: CWTR) (the "Company") today announced that it completed an amendment of its existing credit facility that extends the facility maturity date three years to May 16, 2016, which includes the addition and funding of a $15 million term note. The Company also announced preliminary first quarter 2011 results.
The term note transaction generated net cash proceeds of $14.4 million for the Company subsequent to the end of the first quarter of fiscal 2011. As part of the amended credit agreement, the Company granted the lenders a security interest in the Company's Sandpoint, Idaho corporate offices and certain other assets. The amount available under the $70 million revolving facility remains unchanged; however, the Company now has a future option to request an increase in the amount of the revolving facility for an additional $15 million, which if granted would result in a total of $85 million available, exclusive of the term note.
Regarding this transaction, Jim Bell, Chief Financial Officer stated, "We have been evaluating opportunities to further strengthen our balance sheet and effectively monetize our owned real estate assets. We are pleased to have completed this transaction, which provides us additional financial flexibility as we continue the work to reposition our brand."
The Company also announced preliminary first quarter 2011 results. For the three months ended April 29, 2011, the Company currently expects:
- Net sales of approximately $180 million, reflecting a decline in comparable premium retail store sales of approximately 28% as compared to the first quarter of last year.
- Loss per share of $0.32-$0.34, compared to a profit of $0.03 last year.
- Total inventory at quarter end is expected to decline in the high-single digit range as compared to inventory at the end of the first quarter last year. Premium retail inventory per square foot is expected to be down between 7%-9%, as compared to premium retail inventory per square foot at the end of the first quarter last year.
- the inherent difficulty in forecasting consumer buying and retail traffic patterns and trends, which continue to be erratic and are affected by factors beyond our control, such as the current macroeconomic conditions, high unemployment, continuing heavy promotional activity in the specialty retail marketplace, and competitive conditions and the possibility that because of lower than expected customer response, or because of competitive pricing pressures, we may be required to sell merchandise at lower than expected margins, or at a loss;
- potential inability to attract and retain key personnel;
- our new design aesthetic may take longer to implement than expected or may not resonate with our core and target customer;
- difficulties in forecasting consumer demand for our merchandise as a result of changing fashion trends and consumer preferences;
- the possibility that our sales and earnings expectations will not be realized, due to changing business and economic conditions;
- our potential inability to recover the substantial fixed costs of our retail store base due to sluggish sales, which may result in impairment charges;
- our potential inability to continue to fund our operations solely with operating cash as a result of either lower sales or higher than anticipated costs, or both;
- delays we may encounter in sourcing merchandise from our foreign and domestic vendors, including the potential inability of our vendors to finance production of the goods we order or meet our production needs due to raw material or labor shortages; risks related to our foreign sourcing strategy; and the possibility that foreign sourcing may not lead to any reduction of our sourcing costs or improvement in our margins;
- increasing competition from discount retailers and companies that have introduced concepts or products similar to ours;
- difficulties encountered in anticipating and managing customer returns and the possibility that customer returns will be greater than expected;
- the inherent difficulties in catalog management, for which we incur substantial costs prior to mailing that we may not be able to recover, and the possibility of unanticipated increases in mailing and printing costs;
- unexpected costs or problems associated with our efforts to manage the complexities of our multi-channel business model, including our efforts to maintain our information systems;
- our credit facility may not be fully available due to borrowing base and other limitations;
- the risk that the benefits expected from our merchandising and design initiatives will not be achieved or may take longer to achieve than we expect;
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV