1. The Dow Chemical Company (DOW) is a diversified manufacturer and supplier of products used as raw materials in the manufacture of customer products and services worldwide. It operates in eight segments and delivers a range of technology-based products and solutions. The company's product portfolio includes specialty chemicals, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics.
Total revenue for the first quarter of 2011 increased 9.8% to $14.7 billion from $13.4 billion, while earnings were up 34.1% to $625 million, or 54 cents per share, from $466 million, or 41 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter.
For the second quarter of 2011, the company recently declared a quarterly dividend of 25 cents per share payable July 29, 2011, increasing 67% from 15 cents per share in the prior quarter. The increase demonstrates the board's commitment to reward shareholders as the company's earnings grow.Dow Chemical currently has a dividend yield of 1.59%. Of the 18 analysts covering the stock, 56% rate it a buy, while 33% recommend it as a hold. On average, analysts estimate an increase of 28%, to $46.77 in value from current levels. The stock has gained 37% during the past one year and currently trades at a P/E of 15.4. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 9 Companies With Raised Dividends portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV