3. Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) is a provider of storage and servers, software, personal computers, imaging and printing products, and other services to individual consumers, small- and medium-sized businesses and large enterprises, including customers in the government, health and education sectors.
During the quarter ended April 2011, the company reported total revenue of $31.6 billion, up 2.5% year-over-year from $30.8 billion. Net income increased 4.7% to $2.3 billion, or $1.05 per share, from $2.2 billion, or 91 cents per share in the year-ago quarter.
During March, the company's board authorized a 50% increase in its regular quarterly dividend to 12 cents per share from 8 cents per share in the prior quarter.Of the 37 analysts covering the stock, 51% rate it a buy, while 43% affirm a hold rating. Analysts estimate an average increase of 28%, to $47.27 in value from current levels. The stock currently trades at a P/E of 8.3.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV