5. FMC (FMC - Get Report) is a diversified chemical company serving the agricultural, consumer and industrial markets with solutions, applications and products. The company operates in three business segments: agricultural products, specialty chemicals and industrial chemicals.
During the quarter ended March 2011, the company reported total revenue of $795 million, up 5.1% year-over-year from $756.5 million. Net income increased 21.4% to $94 million, or $1.30 per share, from $77.4 million, or $1.06 per share in the year-ago quarter.
During February, the company's board authorized the repurchase of an additional $250 million in common shares. FMC recently paid a regular quarterly dividend of 15 cents per share, increasing 20% over the dividend declared in December.Of the 10 analysts covering the stock, 80% say buy, while 10% suggest holding, the rest say sell. On average, analysts expect an increase of 14.5%, to $95.7 in value from current levels.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts