6. Oracle (ORCL) is an enterprise software company that develops, manufactures, markets, distributes and services database and middleware software, applications software and hardware systems, consisting primarily of computer servers and storage products. Oracle operates in three segments: software, hardware systems and services.
For the third quarter ended February 2011, total revenue stood at $8.8 billion, up 36.9% from $6.4 billion in the comparable quarter of last year, benefiting from a $1.2 billion incremental revenue contribution from its hardware systems business, a significant increase in its software business revenue and higher services revenue. Net income was reported at $2.1 billion, or 41 cents per share, up from $1.2 billion, or 23 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter.
In March 2011, the company's board declared a quarterly cash dividend of 6 cents per share of outstanding common stock, increasing 1-cent per share, or 20%, over the prior-quarter dividend. Furthermore, the company repurchased 28 million shares for $750 million during the nine months ended Feb. 28, 2011.Eighty percent of the 44 analysts covering the stock rate it a buy, while 18% recommend it as a hold. On average, analysts estimate an increase from current levels of 10.8% to $37.61 in value.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV