7. Air Products & Chemicals (APD) serves the global technology, energy, industrial and health care sectors, offering a range of products, services and solutions that include atmospheric gases, process and specialty gases, performance materials, equipment and services. The company operates in four segments: merchant gases, tonnage gases, electronics and performance materials, and equipment and energy.
For the second quarter ended March 2011, total revenue increased 11.2%, to $2.5 billion from $2.2 billion year over year, primarily attributable to volume growth in its electronics and performance materials, merchant gases and tonnage gases segments. Net income stood at $304.3 million, or $1.39 per share, up 20.8% year-over-year from $252 million, or $1.16 per share.
The company recently raised its quarterly dividend from 49 cents to 58 cents per share, representing its 29th consecutive year of increasing dividend payment.The company currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. Of the 22 analysts covering the stock, 77% rate it a buy, while the remaining suggest it as a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts estimate an increase from current levels of 19.3% to $106.79. The stock currently trades at a P/E of 16.5.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV