8. Airgas (ARG), operating through its subsidiaries, is a distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases (delivered in packaged or cylinder form) and hard goods such as welding equipment and supplies.
Net income for the 2011 fourth quarter was reported at $62.6 million, or 74 cents per share, versus $40.1 million, or 47 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter. Total revenue grew 12.1% to $1.1 billion from 98 million on an 11% increase in same-store sales. For the full year, net income surged 27.2% to $249.8 million, or $2.93 per share, compared to $196.3 million, or $2.34 per share, on revenue growth of 9.7%, to $4.3 billion last year.
As of March 31, 2011, the company completed a $300 million share repurchase program announced on Feb. 16, 2011; it bought back 4.78 million shares in the open market at an average price of $62.76. The company increased its dividend payout by 33% in fiscal 2011. Furthermore, Airgas also increased the quarterly cash dividend on its common stock by 16% from 25 cents per share to 29 cents per share.The company currently has a dividend yield of 1.86%. Rated by 15 analysts, the stock has buys from 60% of them and holds from 33%. On average, analysts estimate an increase from current levels of 15.7%, to $76.9 in value.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV