NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Applied Materials (AMAT), First Solar (FSLR), MEMC (WFR), GT Solar International (SOLR), Canadian Solar (CSIQ) and SunPower (SPWRA) are solar stocks with buy ratings of 80%, as per Bloomberg estimates.
We recommend six solar stocks that outperformed their Chinese peers and the broader indices to gain an average 28% in the last one year. Solar stocks buoyed, riding on firm crude prices in the recent past. Further, analysts expect these stocks to deliver earnings of 15% to 20% in the next one year. In comparison, Chinese stocks could see flat earnings growth.
Analysts cut the earnings estimates of China's solar stocks recently, paring the earnings estimates of Jinko Solar (JKS) and ReneSola by 5% each for 2011. During the last couple of months, the target prices of Sunpower and GT Solar were raised, while that for Chinese Stocks LDK Solar (LDK), Yingli Green Energy Holding (YGE), JA Solar Holdings (JASO), Trina Solar (TSL) and ReneSola (SOL) have been revised downwards.
The following six solar stocks have buy ratings of 26%-80% and are expected to gain up to 33% over the next 12 months with a mean upside value of around 22%, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV