- Operational Highlights
- Bio-Path continued to enroll patients into the Phase I clinical trial of its lead product candidate, Liposomal Grb-2, which is a systemic treatment for blood cancers including acute myeloid leukemia (AML), chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML), acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) and myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS). The trial is being conducted at the MD Anderson Cancer Center.
- During the first quarter 2011, the Company continued the sale of shares of its common stock through a previously announced Private Placement Memorandum. At the end of April, 2011, the Company closed this Private Placement, raising approximately $1.8 million in total. As a result, the Company had in excess of $1.3 million in cash as of mid-May of 2011 and approximately $50,000 of additional funds in escrow. These cash resources are expected to fund Bio-Path’s operations into 2012.
- Financial Highlights
- Net loss for the first quarter 2011 was $(592,726), compared to a Net Loss of $(490,941) in the first quarter 2010. The increase was primarily attributed to increased research and development expense from our expanding clinical trial, as well as increased expenses for accounting, legal, insurance, personnel and expenses related to being a public company. These expenses included non-cash stock option expense of $104,776 and $107,770 for the quarters ending March 31, 2011 and 2010, respectively. For the quarter, the Company reported a net loss per share of $(0.01) based on 49,400,605 weighted average shares outstanding, compared to $(0.01) per share for the same period last year.
- Operating expenses in the first quarter of 2011 increased by approximately 21 percent to $592,737 versus the first quarter 2010 primarily due to increased research and development expenses for the clinical trial and increased general and administrative expenses.
- As of March 31, 2011, the Company had cash of $765,768 , compared to $238,565 at December 31, 2010. Net cash used in operating activities for the first quarter of 2011 was $(124,971) compared to $(286,502) for the first quarter of 2010, an improvement of 56 percent compared to the first quarter of 2010. As previously noted, the Company completed a private placement after the close of the quarter.
Bio-Path Holdings Reports First Quarter 2011 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.