Armed with his own Facebook page -- and 1,493 fans -- Pandit and Citigroup management are hoping to engage customers through the use of social media in effort to bolster the bank's image.
"Not too many Fortune 100 leaders have a Facebook page," says Paul Butcher, Citigroup's director of digital communications and the engineer behind Citigroup's recent social media push.
Besides Pandit's page, the Citigroup has its own Facebook page, a Twitter account, a blog and a YouTube account. "I think he thought it was a good idea for him to have it to communicate his actions and ideas to a large global audience," Butcher says.
|Citigroup's CEO Vikram Pandit has a Facebook page.|
To contact the writer of this article, click here: Maria Woehr. To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/newsgirlmw. To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV