1. Hewlett-Packard (HPQ)
Company Profile: Hewlett-Packard is one of the world's leading computer makers. The company provides technologies, software and services to consumers and businesses.Paulson's Investment: The hedge fund grabbed 25 million shares of HP during the first quarter, a position worth $1 billion as of March 31. Shares of HP are down 5% this year, and has become a favorite of value investors as the stock trades at less than 7 times next year's earnings, a steep discount to the broader market. Shares fell hard late Monday after multiple reports that chief executive officer Leo Apotheker circulated a letter on May 4 saying HP is in for "another tough quarter" and stressing the necessity of "watching every penny." >>To see these stocks in action, visit the Paulson's 10 Best New Investment Ideas portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Robert Holmes. >To follow Robert Holmes on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/RobTheStreet. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV