NEW YORK (TheStreet Ratings) -- TheStreet Ratings' stock model upgraded ArcelorMittal SA (MT) to 'Buy' from 'Hold'. Net income at this $51.8 billion market cap bank grew by 67% to a profit of $1.1 billion compared to in the prior first quarter.
TheStreet Ratings released rating changes on 18 U.S. common stocks for May 13, 2011. In total, nine stocks were upgraded and nine stocks were downgraded by our stock model.
In the first quarter, ArcelorMittal reported $22.2 billion in revenue, an increase of 27.3% compared to the year earlier quarter. Learn more about ArcelorMittal: Company Profile, Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Stock Ratios, Analyst Ratings.
$1.0 billion market cap, insurance company, Tower Group Inc (TWGP) was upgraded by our stock model to 'Buy' from 'Hold'. In first quarter results, Tower Group reported net profit of $25.7 million, up 47.0% from the year earlier quarter. Over the same time period, revenue gained 41.9% to $430.5 million. Learn more about Tower Group: Company Profile, Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Stock Ratios, Analyst Ratings.-- Reported by Kevin Baker in Jupiter, FL.
For additional Investment Research check out our Ratings Research Center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV