RIM's PlayBook Recall; Nokia Kills Ovi
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Research In Motion (RIMM) shares fell 0.4% to $43.05 in pre-market trading Monday after the BlackBerry maker recalled more than 1,000 PlayBook tablets over the weekend. Some users of the impacted tablets were having trouble setting up the device, the company said.
Nokia (NOK) shares dipped 1.4% in pre-market trading Monday after announcing it will abandon its Ovi brand for new smartphones starting this summer. The Ovi brand, launched in 2007, will now be called Nokia services.
The next version of Microsoft's (MSFT) Windows Phone 7 will have Facebook chat and AOL (AOL) instant messenger integration, according to Win Rumors blog. The new update will be known as Windows Phone 7.5.
Shares of Microsoft rose 0.04% in pre-market trading Monday to $25.04.Amazon (AMZN) is rumored to be working on a host of new Android devices due out this holiday season, which will expand its hardware lineup outside of the Kindle. Shares of Amazon dropped 1% in pre-market trading Monday. Lady Gaga has become the first Twitter user to reach the 10 million follower milestone, according to All Twitter blog. Gaga celebrated by tweeting, "10MillionMonsters! I'm speechless, we did it! Its an illness how I love you. Leaving London smiling." --Written by Olivia Oran in New York.
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/Ozoran. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV