TORONTO, May 16 /PRNewswire/ - G ammon Gold Inc. (TSX: GAM) (NYSE: GRS), ("Gammon") announced today that it intends to change its corporate name to AuRico Gold (pronounced oh-REE-koh). The name change is subject to shareholder approval at the Company's Annual and Special Meeting of Shareholders scheduled for June 9, 2011 and is expected to be effective on, or about, June 13, 2011.
The Company's Toronto Stock Exchange and its New York Stock Exchange ticker symbol will change to "AUQ" to reflect the new name, representing gold equivalent. The Company will also launch a new website, www.auricogold.com and a new logo.
The AuRico Gold name combines two words representative of the company: "Au," the atomic symbol for gold, and "rico," a Spanish word meaning rich. The AuRico logo features the ancient alchemy symbol for gold, which dates back over 1,000 years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV