Entertainment Gaming Asia Inc. (NYSE Amex:EGT) (“Entertainment Gaming Asia” or “the Company”), a leading provider of electronic gaming machines (EGMs) on a participation basis to the Pan-Asian gaming industry, today reported operating results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2011 and reviewed recent corporate progress.
Architectural rendering of Dreamworld Casino Kampot (Photo: Business Wire)
- Net income was $692,000 or $0.01 per share for the first quarter of 2011 compared to a net loss of $1.7 million or a $0.01 loss per share for the first quarter of 2010.
- Consolidated adjusted EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, amortization, and non-cash charges) was $3.0 million for the first quarter of 2011 compared to $1.3 million for the first quarter of 2010.
- Total net revenue from EGMs on participation for the first quarter of 2011 was a record high $4.2 million, an increase of 47% from the first quarter of 2010.
- Average consolidated win per unit per day (WUD) for the first quarter of 2011 was a record high of $134, an increase of 25% from the first quarter of 2010.
- As of May 1, 2011, total installed EGM seats in operation were 1,515 in seven venues, comprised of five venues in the Philippines with a total of 792 seats and two venues in Cambodia with a total of 723 seats.
- On April 30, 2011, one under-performing venue in the Philippines with 121 EGM seats was closed providing the Company the opportunity to redeploy these assets to higher-performing venues.
- Cash selling, general and administrative (SG&A) expense was $1.1 million for the first quarter of 2011, a decrease of 22% from the first quarter of 2010.
- Cash balance of $12.5 million as of March 31, 2011.
- The Company is making progress on the development of its casino project in the Kampot province of Cambodia near the Vietnam border with construction to begin in June 2011 with expected completion of the initial phase by the end of 2011.
Clarence Chung, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Entertainment Gaming Asia, commented, “I am pleased to report strong operating results for our first quarter of 2011. We achieved record EGM participation revenue and consolidated average net win which along with strict cost control resulted in the generation of meaningful adjusted EBITDA and positive GAAP earnings. With a sound base of solid recurring cash flow and a growing cash position, which has reached approximately $13 million as of May 6, 2011, we are well positioned to expand our business model and execute on our casino development plans within emerging gaming markets in the Indo-China region.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV