Intel's announcement today has certainly seemed to pique investor attention: As the Nasdaq heads 37 points lower, Intel is still trading more than 1% higher. Macy's also announced a dividend hike in its earnings report this morning, which is a positive sign for the retailer's expectations.
I like the well-balanced iShares Dow Jones Select Dividend ETF (DVY) as an alternative to trying to guess which company will hike its dividend next. DVY's methodology screens for companies that have consistently raised their dividends and have proven to be reliable about dividend payouts over time. Top DVY holdings include Lorillard (LO), Chevron (CVX) and Entergy (ETR).
At the time of publication, Dion Money Management held DVY.
Looking for New BloodPublished 5/11/2011 12:17 p.m. EDT As sinking commodities prices sideline the equity recovery today, it's a good time to look at some of the more promising new exchange-traded funds in the marketplace. While I've tried to cover
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV