10 Cheap Vacations For Expensive Times
On a boat
If you can get to a nearby port, it may be worth ditching airfare and considering a cruise. Travelocity's Shaw says being flexible about your travel dates, vessel and ports of call can yield the most substantial savings.
For example, Royal Caribbean's Enchantment of the Seas has deals for nine-night, round-trip Eastern Caribbean cruises that start at roughly $100 per person, per night. The deal includes 15% offshore excursions during stops in St. Thomas, San Juan and the Dominican Republic. But if you don't live near the ship's departure site in Baltimore, it likely won't be worth your while.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV