10 Cheap Vacations For Expensive Times
After becoming an independent nation within the Netherlands recently, Curacao is making a big push for tourists from within its own hemisphere. In an attempt to make itself more accessible to Americans and Canadians, Curacao has wooed Continental into launching service from Newark, N.J., and convinced Hyatt to add a Regency to the dozens of hotels already in its capital city of Willemstad.
Americans traveling there with four-day air-and-hotel packages (around $550 per person) will find themselves immersed in a Dutch city full of restaurants and European shopping and surrounded by white-sand beaches, Southwest-style plains, mountains and caves.
"Curacao is hitting the map lately because they just became an official country within the Netherlands," Banas says. "There's a lot more airlift going in there, a lot more hotel infrastructure being built and a lot of deals."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV