10 Cheap Vacations For Expensive Times
The middle child of the ABC islands, Bonaire is lesser known but equally gorgeous. A "special municipality" in the Netherlands after the Netherlands Antilles broke up last October, Bonaire draws flights from Continental and Delta to its Flamingo International airport and, like Aruba, considers the summer its offseason -- which means most of the bed and breakfasts and vacation rentals the island relies on for accommodations will be open.
Bonaire is extremely environmentally conscious and has dedicated itself to becoming carbon neutral within the next two years. Many of its activities reflect that. The beach is the biggest draw, but snorkeling, kayaking, bird-watching, hiking and horseback riding are just some of the available ecotourist options.
The average temperature hovers around 82 degrees and there's 12 hours of sunlight. The bad news is that it's going to be much warmer during the summer. The good news is that, with only about 60,000 people on the island at any one time, only the flamingos will see you sweat."It's a great place to go if you have a summer wedding and want to go on a honeymoon or if you want to go somewhere exotic," Banas says.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV