10 Cheap Vacations For Expensive Times
Into each cheap vacation, a little rain must fall. If you have your heart set on seeing Costa Rica for minimal cost this summer, a little rain can bring a lot of savings.
"Summer is their rainy season that they call the green season," Banas says. "Even though it's offseason, you're going to save 20%, 30% to 50% off."
The weather's not the only reason Costa Rica and other Central American countries are presenting a more affordable alternative to Europe and elsewhere. Spirit Airlines -- with its low fares and myriad fees -- serves Costa Rica and is launching service to Nicaragua and El Salvador this summer. Combined, the rains and the discount options are a big reason why five-night, airfare-inclusive trips start at less than $700 per person for a stay at the Barcelo San Jose Palacio or roughly "$900 at the Costa Rica Marriott."The rains are intense and short during the day, so it's not like it's raining constantly," Banas says. "Plus the whole country is lush and green, and that's the place you go when you want to see animals and want to see nature, so it's almost an ideal time to go."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV