Kutcher will join Jon Cryer, Angus T. Jones, Holland Taylor, Marin Hinkle and Conchata Ferrell on the top-rated comedy series.
|Ashton Kutcher will join the cast of the hit TV sitcom "Two and a Half Men."|
"I can't wait to get to work with this ridiculously talented 2.5 team and I believe we can fill the stage with laughter that will echo in viewers' homes," Kutcher said Friday. "I can't replace Charlie Sheen but I'm going to work my ass off to entertain the hell out of people!"
Production on the ninth season of 'Men' will begin this summer for broadcast on CBS in the fall of 2011."We are so lucky to have someone as talented, joyful and just plain remarkable as Ashton joining our family," the show's creator and executive producer Chuck Lorre said. "Added to that is the deep sigh of relief knowing that our family stays together. If I was any happier, it'd be illegal." CBS is likely hoping that Kutcher will fill the void left when Charlie Sheen was fired in early March. Production of "Two and a Half Men" was shut down for the remaining eight episodes of the 2010-2011 TV season. The Hollywood Reporter said what Kutcher would be paid wasn't exactly known although one source said the actor is getting a "huge payday" to join the hit sitcom. Other reports, including one from The Wall Street Journal , said Kutcher would make $1 million per episode. The signing of Kutcher comes as CBS is expected to announce its fall schedule to advertisers on May 18. --Written by Theresa McCabe in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Theresa McCabe. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to @TheresaMcCabe. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV