NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3" will be released on Nov. 8, 2011, according to a media report.
Gamer site Kotaku is reporting that the next edition of the popular "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare" game will be released this fall.
The game will continue the plot from "Modern Warfare 2," which is currently the second best-selling game of all time in the nation. In June 2010, Activision Blizzard (ATVI)said it had sold more than 20 million copies of MW2 worldwide.
"Modern Warfare 2" ended with the United States trying to prevent a Russian invasion."Modern Warfare 3" will feature about 15 missions. Gamers will be able to virtually travel around the world, with stops in New York, Paris and London, in an effort to stop the delivery of weapons of mass destruction and save the world. "The game will reshape the landscape of the 'Call of Duty' franchise, bringing an impressive number of eclectic settings, deep multi-player gaming and a story that ties up nearly all loose ends from previous titles, including the final moments of key figures in the series' history," Kotaku said, noting details shared by multiple sources. The "Call of Duty" video game series franchise is owned and published by Activision Blizzard. Previous "Modern Warfare" games were developed by Infinity Ward, however, due to a legal dispute between Activision and the former co-executives of Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software will assist in the development of the third installment. Many gamers believe that MW3 will be the biggest game of the year. --Written by Theresa McCabe in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Theresa McCabe. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to @TheresaMcCabe. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV