NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Commodities have been on a spectacular run until only recently, as crude oil and silver in particular have pulled back.
TheStreet staff this week asked three CEOs what impact commodities pricing has had on their businesses. TheStreet's Alix Steel also interviewed noted investor Jim Rogers about the commodities market.
Randgold Resources (GOLD) CEO Mark Bristow: "I think that it's a sign of apprehension in the market about exactly what the drivers are and where we are in the complete rehabilitation of the economic situation globally," said the boss of the gold mining company in West Africa."I think there's lots of nervousness in how China is going to perform. We are definitely seeing signs of inflation. You saw Greece again with its debt. There's still a lot of real structural issues with the Western World economies. Commodity movements and gold are contagious, but not necessarily aligned."
|Rackspace CEO Lanham Napier believes that rising commodity prices threaten economic recovery.|
Kosmos Energy (KOS) CEO Brian Maxsted: "Obviously, the oil and gas business is a long-term business, long cycle times; we look way into the future. Long term, we see the fundamentals being extremely strong. We don't take much note of any short-term volatility in the market."
What are America's corporate leaders saying about the issues of the day? TheStreet's reporters, during the course of their weekly coverage, will pose a thematic question to the business executives they interview. Have a question you'd like to see TheStreet ask the CEOs? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow TheStreet on Twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV