SAN JOSE, Calif. ( TheStreet) -- Cisco's (CSCO) attempt to get its house in order pits the networking giant increasingly against tech behemoths IBM (IBM) and HP (HPQ), while pushing it closer to the likes of EMC (EMC), VMware (VMW) and even Xerox (XRX).
With Cisco wrestling with problematic switch and public sector businesses, TBR analyst Beau Skonieczny told TheStreet that its fast-growing services division will help lift it out of its funk.
"From the services perspective, Cisco has been driving pretty aggressively," he said, pointing to the firm's recent partnership with Xerox around managed print services, which will intensify competition with print giant HP. "Cisco, with their smart
IBM, with its vast services arm, has been making a song-and-dance about its green offerings for the last few years. Cisco, though, has also been ramping up its efforts in this space, touting, for example, its EnergyWise energy management technology.With big questions being asked about Cisco's long-term growth strategy, TBR's Skonieczny told TheStreet that its high-margin services business is particularly crucial. "Cisco's efficient use of their
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV