Louisiana Warily Eyes Mississippi Flooding
The bulge of water, caused by the convergence of the swollen Mississippi and Ohio rivers at Cairo, Illinois, is slowly moving downstream and is expected to reach the Gulf of Mexico in about two weeks.
The swollen river is expected to crest at Vicksburg, Miss., on May 19 and at 64 feet at Natchez on May 21.
--Written by Theresa McCabe in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Theresa McCabe.
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to @TheresaMcCabe.>To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV