NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The ex-dividend date for Bemis Company (NYSE:BMS) is Monday, May 16, 2011. Owners of shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 24 cents per share. At a price of $32.95 as of 9:31 a.m. ET, the dividend yield is 2.9%. The average volume for Bemis has been 823,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Bemis has a market cap of $3.4 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. Shares are up 0.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Bemis Company, Inc. manufactures and sells flexible packaging products and pressure sensitive materials in the United States, Canada, Mexico, South America, Europe, and Asia. The company operates in two segments, Flexible Packaging and Pressure Sensitive Materials. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.1, equal to the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Practice your dividend trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Latest Headlines about BMS
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV