5. LJ International (JADE), a vertically integrated company, is involved in designing, branding, marketing, distribution and retail of a range of fine jewelry. With a specialization in colored jewelry segment, its product lines include earrings, necklaces, pendants, rings and bracelets. It carries on its business under the ENZO brand in the Asia Pacific region with major focus on Chinese market.
Net income for the first quarter of 2011 is forecast at $3.04 million on sales of $40.1 million, compared to net income of $1.69 million on $26.85 million sales recorded during 2010 first quarter, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg. Earnings per share are seen at 10 cents, indicating an increase of 43% from the first quarter of 2010. Operating profit for the quarter is seen soaring 91% to $3.77 million from the year ago period.
The one analyst covering the stock has recommended a buy rating with an estimated gain of 75.4% $7.0 in value from current levels.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts