6. Pernix Therapeutics Holdings (PTX) a specialty pharmaceutical company, is mainly focused on developing and commercializing pharmaceutical products in order to meet unmet medical needs primarily in pediatrics. Through a combination of internal development, acquisition and in-licensing activities, the company develops and promotes its products in almost 30 states.
Net income for the first quarter 2011 is forecast at $1.99 million on sales of $8.5 million, compared to net income of $1.49 million on $12.2 million sales recorded during 2010 fourth quarter, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg. Earnings per share are seen at 10 cents for the quarter, up from 6 cents per share reported during fourth quarter of 2010.
Both the analysts covering the stock recommend a buy rating on it. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 65.3% to $20.5 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV