8. Lowe's Companies (LOW) is a home improvement retailer. It serves homeowners, renters and commercial business customers. Homeowners and renters primarily consist of do-it-yourself (DIY) customers and do-it-for-me (DIFM) customers, while Commercial business customers include those who work in the construction, repair/remodel, commercial and residential property management professions.
First-quarter 2012 sales are projected at $12.5 billion as against $12.4 billion recorded during the same period a year ago, as per analysts polled by Bloomberg. Moreover, earnings are expected to decline marginally to $483 million or 36 cents per share from $489 million or 34 cents per share during the first quarter of 2011.
Of the 25 analysts covering the stock, 52% recommend a buy, while 44% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 10.2% to $28.59 in value from current levels. Analysts at Piper Jaffray recently maintained its neutral rating on the stock with a price target of $28.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV