SAO PAULO, May 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Companhia de Saneamento Basico do Estado de Sao Paulo - SABESP (BM&FBovespa: SBSP3; NYSE: SBS), one of the largest water and sewage services providers in the world based in the number of customers, announces today its results for the first quarter 2011 (1Q11).
In 1Q11, net operating revenue reached R$ 2.3 billion, a 6.1% growth compared to 1Q10. Costs and expenses, including construction costs, in the amount of R$ 1.9 billion grew 27.2% versus 1Q10. EBITDA was R$ 837.8 million in 1Q10 and R$ 654.3 million in 1Q11, a decrease of 21.9%. EBITDA margin in 1Q11 was 28.5% and 38.7% in the same period of 2010.
1Q11 results were particularly affected by the accounting record of R$ 230.9 million, related to the following factors:
- Complementation of the actuarial liability related to the retirement and pension plan supplementary benefits granted by State Law nº 4819/58 (G0 Plan) totaling R$157.5 million with effect in January 1, 2011; and
- Amortization term adjustment of the intangible asset, between the asset's useful life and the contract effectiveness, whichever is the shortest one, totaling R$ 73.4 million.
Excluding the effect of complementation of the actuarial liability, the EBITDA would increase from R$ 654.3 million to R$ 811.8 million and margin would rise from 28.5% to 35.4%.Excluding both effects mentioned above, the net income would increase from R$ 182.8 million to R$ 388.8 million. The complete version of the release is available at the Company's website: www.sabesp.com.br Conference call – May 13, 2011 in Portuguese 01:00 pm (US EST)Dial-in access: 55 (11) 3127-4971Conference ID: Sabesp in English 03:00 pm (US EST)Dial-in access: 1(412) 317-6776Conference ID: Sabesp Live webcast at: www.sabesp.com.br IR Contacts: Mario Arruda Sampaio: (55 11) 3388-8664 ( email@example.com ) Angela Beatriz Airoldi: (55 11) 3388-8793 ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) SOURCE SABESP
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV