NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- SunPower (SPWRA) reported revenue of $450 million and earnings per share of 15 cents in the first quarter after the close on Thursday, earnings that were in line with recently revised expectations, but said that the full year view remains uncertain due to the European subsidy changes.
SunPower's CFO Dennis Arriola, said in the earnings release, "We are in the process of optimizing our portfolio allocation geographically and across our downstream channels for the remainder of 2011. We expect to complete this process in the near future and plan to revise our 2011 guidance before the end of the second quarter to reflect the recent changes in Italy."
The company reaffirmed its full year shipment outlook even as Europe slows as a market for solar modules.
In announcing the 60% stake that European oil giant Total
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV