Schottenstein: REIT to IPO
COLUMBUS, Ohio (
TheStreet) -- The IPO market continues to pick up steam with
Schottenstein owns and operates community and neighborhood shopping centers in major metropolitan centers across the U.S., mostly anchored by national retailers. The company often looks for acquisitions of distressed retail properties with the intention of redeveloping them and then bringing in big-box retailers like Wal-Mart (WMT), Bed, Bath & Beyond (BBBY) and T.J. Maxx (TJX).
Under the ticker SCRT, Schottenstein's initial public offering is expected to be priced Friday between $14 and $16 per share, following a registration five-month period at the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Around 26.7 million shares will be offered, raising between $364 million and $420 million in gross proceeds, according to SEC filings.Schottenstein said it will use $190 million of the raised capital to consolidate interest in properties it does not wholly own, $126 million to pay down corporate debt, and $27 million for working capital and to fund acquisitions. In December 2010 Schottenstein filed with the SEC that it hoped to raise $517.5 million through an IPO. Raising less capital than expected may be a reality Schottenstein is forced to face on Friday. On Wednesday of this week, RLJ Lodging Trust (RLJ), a self-advised REIT that invests in hotels, began trading on the New York Stock Exchange, selling 27.5 million shares for $18 apiece, lower than the $19 to $21 expected.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV