Ron Paul to Launch Presidential Bid Friday
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Texas Rep. Ron Paul is expected to announce plans to seek the Republican nomination in the 2012 presidential election on Friday, CNN reported, citing a source close to the campaign.
Paul is expected to make the announcement at a Friday morning campaign event in Exeter, New Hampshire.
|Ron Paul is expected to run for president a third time.|
It will be Paul's third bid for the White House. He ran as the Libertarian Party nominee in 1988 and sought the Republican nomination in 2008.
Paul launched a presidential exploratory committee at the end of April and attended the first Republican presidential debate last week after raising more than a million dollars online, Fox News reported.Congressman Paul is currently the chairman of the House Financial Services Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy. As an advocate for limited constitutional government and a monetary policy based on the gold standard, Paul is a famous critic of the Federal Reserve. Paul joins several other candidates vying for the 2012 GOP nomination, including former House Speaker Newt Gingrich. -- Written by Theresa McCabe in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Theresa McCabe. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to @TheresaMcCabe. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV