This performance was driven by the strength of Call of Duty® and World of Warcraft® . The Call of Duty: Black Ops® First Strike content pack shattered Xbox LIVE® launch records, surpassing 1.4 million downloads in the first 24 hours 4 of its release on February 1, 2011. During the first quarter 2011, Call of Duty: Black Ops® was the #1 game in the U.S. and Europe 5.
On May 3, 2011, Activision Blizzard released the Call of Duty: Black Ops®: Escalation content pack on the Xbox 360. During the second quarter, Activision Blizzard also expects to release Transformers: Dark of the Moon and Wipeout In The Zone, a Kinect-ready title for the Xbox 360.
During the first quarter 2011, Activision Blizzard purchased approximately 31 million shares of its common stock, for $344 million. As of March 31, 2011, Vivendi held an approximate 62% interest (non diluted) in Activision Blizzard.
Universal Music GroupUniversal Music Group’s (UMG) revenues were €881 million, a 0.9% decrease compared to the first quarter of 2010 (a 5.0% decrease at constant currency). The favorable currency movements and strong growth in merchandising were offset by a 2.7% decline in recorded music sales due to a limited schedule of new releases and falling demand for physical product. Digital sales increased 17.6% year-on-year. Recorded music best sellers included titles from Rihanna and a new EP from Justin Bieber (7 songs) in addition to the latest “Les Enfoirés” release in France. UMG’s EBITA was €46 million, a 32.4% decrease compared to the first quarter of 2010. Changes in sales mix and restructuring charges associated with the reorganization plan announced last year offset operating cost savings. Upcoming releases will feature new titles from Lady Gaga, Kanye West and Mumford & Sons, among others.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV