2. Vanguard Extended Duration Treasuries (EDV).
"Bond king" Bill Gross, uber-hedger Doug Kass and commodities maven Jim Rogers share one thing in common. They're all shorting U.S. Treasury debt. (Ironically enough, they each appear willing to fight the Fed; perhaps the end of quantitative easing has already been written on the "Wall.")
We all know that U.S. Treasury debt is undesirable... at least at these yields and at these bogus ratings. Nevertheless, whenever the world at large gets spooked, investors still run to the perceived safety of the U.S. government. The last time that the longest maturity treasury ETF -- Vanguard Extended Duration - climbed above a 200-day moving average for a substantive period of time? Yep... April/May 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV