2. Vanguard Extended Duration Treasuries (EDV).
"Bond king" Bill Gross, uber-hedger Doug Kass and commodities maven Jim Rogers share one thing in common. They're all shorting U.S. Treasury debt. (Ironically enough, they each appear willing to fight the Fed; perhaps the end of quantitative easing has already been written on the "Wall.")
We all know that U.S. Treasury debt is undesirable... at least at these yields and at these bogus ratings. Nevertheless, whenever the world at large gets spooked, investors still run to the perceived safety of the U.S. government. The last time that the longest maturity treasury ETF -- Vanguard Extended Duration - climbed above a 200-day moving average for a substantive period of time? Yep... April/May 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV