3. ICICI Bank (IBN) is the largest private bank in India providing a broad spectrum of services in the retail and commercial space.
During the March quarter, the bank's results met consensus estimates. Net profit rose 44% year-over-year to $330 million, led by strong growth in the core income and decline in bad loan provisions.
Net interest income grew 23.3% during the quarter, aided by margin expansion and strong growth in advances. Overall advances in the March quarter grew 4.7% sequentially, boosted by agriculture, small and medium enterprises and the retail segments.The bank's asset quality has improved over the past three quarters. Gross bad loans declined to 4.47% from 4.75% in the previous quarter. Provisions for bad loans declined 17.4% sequentially during the quarter, and provision coverage ratio expanded to 76%. The Tier-1 capital ratio at the end of the March quarter was 12.9% and capital adequacy ratio was 19.2%. The stock is expected to deliver 24% in the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV