6. HDFC Bank (HDB) is an India-based bank engaged in principal business activities of retail and wholesale banking and treasury operations.
The bank's March quarter (fourth quarter of fiscal 2011) results were in line with estimates. Net interest income grew 21% year-on-year on a robust 27% growth in advances, compared to same period last year. Net income grew to $250 million, up 33% compared to March quarter of last fiscal. A healthy net interest income growth coupled with strong growth in other income boosted profit growth.
Asset quality improved sequentially as gross nonperforming assets in the March quarter declined to 1.05% from 1.11% in the previous quarter. However, restructured loans increased marginally to 0.4% of loans from 0.3% in the prior quarter. The provision coverage further expanded to 82.5% from 81% in the December quarter.Margins remained stable at 4.2% and the cost-to-income ratio rose to 49% following higher operating expenses. The Tier-1 capital ratio at the end of the March quarter was 12.5% and capital adequacy ratio was 16.5%. The stock will likely deliver 20% over the next one-year and trades at 3.7 times its fiscal 2012 book value.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV