9. Itau Unibanco (ITUB) provides banking services in Brazil and is the tenth largest bank in the world by market value.
The bank's first quarter results topped estimates. Net interest income increased 14.7% to $7.2 billion, driven by rapid growth of advances. However, there was some margin contraction in the March quarter. Overall, advances at the end of March were 21% higher than the same period last year.
The risk of bad loans looms large as the bank made higher provisions sequentially. The Tier-1 capital ratio at the end of the March quarter was 15.8% and capital adequacy ratio was 15.2%. Provision for loan loss stood at $1.9 billion, increasing 21% sequentially and 6.5% from the same period last year. Overall, net profit improved 14.8% in the March quarter.On a higher equity base, return on equity for the quarter was 23.4% compared to 24.4% a year back. The stock could deliver up to 24% in the next one year. Of the 13 analysts covering the stock, 9 rate a buy. There are no sell ratings for the stock, as per Bloomberg consensus.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV