10. Lloyds Banking Group (LYG) is a U.K.-based financial services company operating in the retail, wholesale, international banking and insurance segments.
Lloyds focused on downsizing the group's risk profile further in the first quarter of 2011. It has reduced the non-core assets portfolio by $34 billion to $285 billion during the quarter. Driven by deposit growth, the aggregate of core customer loans and advances and deposits increased from £842.0 billion at the year-end to £847.8 billion as on March 31, 2011
The group's impairment charge stood at $4.25 billion, predominately due to Ireland's impairment charge of $1.9 billion, which was higher than initially estimated. In the first quarter of 2010, impairment charge was $3.95 billion and $6.1 billion in Dec. 2010. The Tier-1 capital ratio at the end of the March quarter was 11.6% and capital adequacy ratio was 15.2%.Higher funding costs piled pressure; net interest margin came in at 2.07% compared to 2.08% in 2010 and 2.12% during Dec. 2010. On average, analysts expect the stock to gain 84% over the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV