10. Lloyds Banking Group (LYG) is a U.K.-based financial services company operating in the retail, wholesale, international banking and insurance segments.
Lloyds focused on downsizing the group's risk profile further in the first quarter of 2011. It has reduced the non-core assets portfolio by $34 billion to $285 billion during the quarter. Driven by deposit growth, the aggregate of core customer loans and advances and deposits increased from £842.0 billion at the year-end to £847.8 billion as on March 31, 2011
The group's impairment charge stood at $4.25 billion, predominately due to Ireland's impairment charge of $1.9 billion, which was higher than initially estimated. In the first quarter of 2010, impairment charge was $3.95 billion and $6.1 billion in Dec. 2010. The Tier-1 capital ratio at the end of the March quarter was 11.6% and capital adequacy ratio was 15.2%.Higher funding costs piled pressure; net interest margin came in at 2.07% compared to 2.08% in 2010 and 2.12% during Dec. 2010. On average, analysts expect the stock to gain 84% over the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV