2. Pericom Semiconductor (PSEM), operating in the interconnectivity device supply market, is mainly focused on designing, developing and marketing high-performance integrated circuits and frequency control products used in advanced electronic systems. Its IC products include functions that support the connectivity, timing and signal conditioning of high-speed parallel and serial protocols.
Of the five analysts covering the stock, 80% recommend it as a buy and the remaining rate it a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Data from Bloomberg has analysts forecasting the stock gaining 57.0%, to $15.5, in the upcoming 12 months.
For the 2011 third quarter, net revenue was reported at $39.6 million, increasing 8% from the year-ago quarter. Excluding special items, non-GAAP net income for the quarter stood at $2.5 million, or 10 cents per share.Notably, the company said that its book-to-bill ratio exceeded 1.0 for the first time in three quarters. Additionally, sales at its distribution channel rose 3% from the prior quarter with the company launching 17 new products across the signal integrity, timing and connectivity product areas. Revenue for the fourth quarter of 2011 is estimated in the range of $41.5 million to $43.5 million with other income forecast between $400,000 and $700,000 on a GAAP basis, and $600,000 to $900,000 on a non-GAAP basis. Fourth-quarter GAAP gross margins are expected between 33.3% and 35.3%. Besides, with the company's China factory producing 8 million frequency control products units per month, expanding volumes will contribute positively to its earnings in the second half of 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV